Monday, November 8, 2010

Blender Basics: Project 1: Work In Progress Shots

This particular project seems to be going a bit slower then I would have hoped but it's trudging along anyway. I've got all the modeling done. I've got the basics for the textures figured out and I've got all my models textured. After a Blender crash at about 10:40pm last night while trying to get my cloth modifiers to work I decided to call it a night. So, at this point I have to get the cloth modifier issues figured out, get my basemesh male model, pants and shirt rigged for the correct pose, get the cloth modifier applied to the shirt and pants meshes, get the renders from the models and hike them over to Photoshop and then get my epic battle scene created, which shouldn't be too hard. Perhaps I can use a local grassy knoll as the battlegrounds image. The Photoshop work should go quickly and then I'll be done!

Behold, a soldier and his flag (and clothing... and accessories)...






I did have one issue with the UV Image mapping that I'll have to get figured out (below). For some reason the image on the boots seems to have the actual grid/mesh of the exported UV unwrap image. I'm not sure how this happened but hopefully it's an easy fix that I can deal with today or tomorrow.

 I've got my fingers crossed that my first project will come together as good my original vision, or as good as can be expected.

0 contributions:

Post a Comment